Research within the Faculty of Arts
Within the humanities, approaches may differ but human beings, human products and human cultures are always central. Our research aims to provide insight into how our attitudes and our knowledge are tied up with our time and our environment and also an understanding of the human and cultural aspects of social development.
- Research at the Department of Archives – Libraries – Museums
- Research at the Department of Archaeology and Ancient History
- Research at the Department of Philosophy
- Research at the Centre for Gender Research
- Research at the Department of History
- Research at the Department of History of Science and Ideas
- Research at the Department of Art History (in Swedish)
- Research at the Department of Cultural Anthropology and Ethnology
- Research at the Department of Literature
- Research at the Department of Musicology
- Research at the Department of Game Design
Why mothers in novels leave their families
Mothers leaving their families is not a new theme in Swedish fiction. But the reasons for leaving ha ...
How Linnaean learning spread far and wide
An inspiring middle-school teacher sparked Linda Andersson Burnett’s interest in history. Now a rese ...
New thesis: Finery for fashionable ladies
When the first descriptions of knitting and crochet were published in Swedish, in the mid-19th centu ...
Within the disciplinary domain there are a number of research forums, which set out from cultural and geographical areas. Here researchers who take an interest in the area meet.
Doctores honoris causa
Honorary doctoral degrees are awarded to distinguished individuals who have made an outstanding academic contribution or in some other way promoted research at the University. Each year, the faculty board has the opportunity to appoint one or more honorary doctors.